Easter Seals Tristate introduces the Hamilton Neighborhood HUB
Thanks to a grant from the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, Easter Seals TriState has implemented a brand-new program to transition individuals from a sheltered work center facility to community-based experiences and employment.
The Neighborhood Hub works synergistically with local organizations and companies to create volunteer and employment opportunities for people with disabilities. The HUB has been developed in line with the Employment First Initiative and Federal and State Policies and Actions Supporting Full Community Integration.
Individuals who attend the Neighborhood HUB Program:
- Participate Monday through Friday, 9:00 am-2:30 pm, for nine months
- Have the option to participate in 2, 3, or 5 days a week
- Go out into the community for recreational and work opportunities with support from ESTS staff
- Learn about neighborhood safety, independent living skills, and job readiness skills through daily classes and community activities
- Learn Skills that they Need in the Community
- Explore Employment Options
- Learn Skills they Need to Work in the Community
- Try out Jobs and Volunteer at Local Businesses in the Hamilton area and surrounding communities.
The goal is for these individuals to be active and present in the Community through recreation, volunteer participation, and work opportunities.
If you would like more information about the HUB program or want to help in some way, please contact:
Jill Cates, Business Development Manager
Or visit the Easter Seals for more information.